September 28, 2007

The Doctrine of Election

"What satisfies my reason, and what satisfies my emotion, and what satisfies my sense of freedom is not the determiner of truth. [...] I'm not God. And while things may not make sense to my reason, my reason is fallen. And while things may not make sense to my emotion, my emotion is fallen. And while things might not seem to square up with my sense of freedom, my freedom is fallen too.
Therefore, in order for reason, and emotion, and will to function, as God wants them to function, they cannot be left to themselves. Because they're fallen. They must be brought under the authority of scripture."
---John MacArthur and the Doctrine of Election

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read a new article about the doctrine of election at:

http://www.youmustbesaved.com/preview_052.htm

See what you think.

God Bless!