March 10, 2010

Pakistani Kima

IMG_7971
Saute in skillet or pot: (one with a lid)
3 T Butter/Margarine
1 Cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
Add:
1 lb ground beef
Brown well. Stir in:
1 T Curry Powder
1 1/2 t salt
dash pepper
dash each of cinnamon, ginger, and tumeric
2 Cups tomatoes chopped
2 Potatoes, diced
2 Cups frozen peas or green beans
Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve with rice.
Garnish with shredded coconut!
I made this for my family last night, and I was pleased that it was a hit! We all love rice (brown basmati), which is terrific because it’s so easy! This Indian curry dish isn’t too overpowering, and it isn’t spicy at all. The shredded coconut is my favorite part! This bit of added sweetness makes me feel as though I’m having some dessert with my supper.
Recipe was taken from “More-With-Less”

No comments: