March 19, 2010

The Betrayal - Friday's Peak Into the Archives

As we prepare for this Easter season I thought I'd re-share this post from Easter in 2008.



Being Palm Sunday, I thought I would blog about my Bible study last week. I was studying Mark, and the events leading up to Christ's death and resurrection. It never ceases to surprise me that I am struck with awe and a new sense of love for my Savior when I ponder these events and consider the life-changing impact on my life on earth and my spiritual destiny!

The portion of the Bible study that really struck me last week was in Mark 14 and the whole betrayal. I would assume Judas Iscariot comes to your minds immediately, but this time consider this: all of Christ's disciples betrayed him! Their fear and anxiety surrounding the events of that day were enough to drive them away from Christ. And for Peter, even claim he knew the Christ personally!

The question I was left pondering after I read this scripture was, How have I betrayed the Lord in word or deed lately? Ouch. Somehow it's much easier to judge those disciples and think, "What a bunch of unfaithful cowards Jesus' closest friends were!" Let's examine ourselves this time and consider ways we've been unfaithful to our Lord.

Zechariah 1:3 "[...] 'Return to me,' declares the Lord Almighty, 'and I will return to you,' [...]"




Viewing on Facebook? Check out my entire Blog

No comments: