November 30, 2009

Hot Fresh Muffin Anyone?

I enjoy having a muffin with my tea every now and then, and one of mine and the children's favorite lunches is muffins with cheese and grapes.

I found this homemade muffin mix here along with tons of variations and other homemade mixes.

A-B-C Muffin Base Mix
18 cups flour
5 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups buttermilk blend or non fat dry milk
6 Tb baking powder
2 Tb baking soda
2 Tb salt
3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp ground nutmeg

Measure all ingredients into a large bowl, blend well and the transfer to a sealable storage container.

TO MAKE 24 REGULAR SIZED MUFFINS:

Preheat oven to 400° and combine the following
4 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
2 cups water
1 cup oil
5-1/2 cups muffin mix
The batter should be slightly lumpy.
Fill greased/buttered muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown.
Allow muffins to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before removing.


Another mix that I have enjoyed over the cooler months is this hot cocoa mix.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

4 eggs? no wonder yours are so fluffy! I'll have to try this. I always have such bad luck with my muffins.