March 6, 2008

Sow in Tears (Ps. 126)

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalm 126:5-6

John Piper comments that he is reminded that we are to continue to do the tasks in front of us even in the midst of sorrow or grief. We may have difficulties or disappointments, but we should continue to do what we know must be done! God will bless that and we will still reap a harvest.

Working on our marriage, child-training, and mundane household duties cannot stop! Sometimes we may not see our harvest for many years, but it is coming. I must trust God to give me the strength I need to complete the tasks before me. Without first trusting in him, I will fail and become even more discouraged.

I was reminded of the passage the Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians. Considering his situation, it is only by God's strength he would have been able to write these words!
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil. 4:12b-13)

No comments: