January 23, 2008

My Help Comes From the Lord

Ps. 121.2-3 "My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved, he who keeps you will not slumber."

The psamist's help comes from the Lord! The creator, not the creation. An amazing thought, which is familiar, yet not pondered enough. Often I look at a majestic mountain or serene sunset, and am pointed to my creator who allows me and wants me to enjoy these things, but I don't often sit and marvel at the fact that He is my helper. He is interested in the nitty gritty of my small life. He is there, not only to bless me with beautiful landscapes and to display His wonder through amazing facets of nature, but to be directly involved in my life--changing my heart, giving me strength and wisdom, loving me with tender-hearted mercy and grace.

God works despite me. I fail, God does not. When I am sleeping, physically, or even spiritually, God is fully awake and active. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. When my world seems to be in a constant whirlwind of change--God is unchanging, and steady.

2 Chron. 16.9a "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." When Asa King of Judah was trusting in the Lord and relying on Him to fight for them in battle, God worked mightily and gave great armies into their hands. But when he failed to rely on God and instead, waiting for the king of Aram to hep them, God did not deliver them.

God wants to help those who trust in Him.

No comments: