February 22, 2012

When The Music Plays


I don’t know if it is this way for everybody, but I know that for my family, a huge difference is made when there is music being played than when there isn’t. Somehow my spirit is calmed, I don’t feel as impatient or anxious, and quite often (if my lips aren’t humming along) my heart begins to sing as well. It is often medicine for a tired heart, a cure out of that pity-party, or just good sounds in the background!

As a mom of young children, sometimes it’s hard to find that quiet moment with the Lord and His Word. But I have learned that it doesn’t have to be so formal. If I waited for those perfectly quiet moments, time with Him would probably never happen. Let’s face it, when my house actually does quiet down, I’m ready to go to sleep too! This is where I have found the ministry of music to play a key part in our home, and especially in my heart. I might not be sitting down with my Bible open on my lap, but I can play and work and teach with God’s Word and other meaningful praise songs being sung in the background penetrating our hearts and minds as we speak to one another and praise our Lord. 

No comments: