February 23, 2010

Watching the Torch & the Games


Hours before the Olympic opening ceremonies took place in Vancouver, we watched the torch on the live webcam pass from person to person downtown, from the comfort of our living room.

I'm pretty sure my kids have no idea what's going on down there. But it was exciting for me anyways.

I've always been a Winter Olympic fan, and I am pretty excited to see it come nearby, even though, it's pretty expensive for an 'average' person to attend the events.

The games have been playing on our tv a lot the last week and a half, and I'll admit, I've enjoyed a slightly slower paced routine. The weather has been lovely, which has been fantastic because Faith would much rather be outside playing than inside watching tv.

We were planning on taking the kids downtown Vancouver, but Wesley's flu has turned into a cold and Faith and Joyanne are now coughing have runny noses. Getting downtown on public transit and then being stuck down there for the day, (plus rain is being forecasted) doesn't really appeal to me if the children get worse. Instead, we will continue to watch the games from our living room.


No comments: