February 5, 2009

Lie that I have believed: I can sin and get away with it.

For awhile now, I have wanted to blog about something other than food or my kitchen.

But to be perfectly honest, I haven't felt much like exposing my heart on here. So instead of making myself completely vulnerable to whomever, I'll share some Scripture I read this morning. Maybe it will affect the reader the same way it did me. You don't have to share. :)

"For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths."
Prov. 5.21
"The lamp of the LORD searches the spirit of a man; it searches out his inmost being."
Prov. 20.27

Why do I sin without stopping to contemplate the consequence(s) of my sin, or what it will REALLY cost me? Not to mention what it cost Jesus Christ at the cross?

No comments: