October 1, 2008

Storytime Wednesday

Today we went to our public library for storytime. It was the first time I had decided to take the kids to this little weekly community event. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many children and moms showed up for it! There were probably 20 children ranging in ages from 8 weeks (mine) to 4 years old.
Every week the story-lady has a theme for the three books she reads to the children, and she also brings her guitar and plays several songs. This week she had three puppets to tells stories with as well. I was amazed at how she captured their attention.
After the stories were over my DD was anxious to pick out some books to bring home.
It's been a very long time since we've visited the library, and after the success of this event, I think we will have to make it part of our weekly routine. DD seemed to enjoy it very much. DS just nursed and then sat and looked and listened too.

I thought I would also mention what novel I am currently reading. I was very good at this last year, but sort of fell off the wagon along the way somehow.




No comments: