January 22, 2008

Do Not Worry About Tomorrow

Matt. 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of its own."

How fitting to receive a devotional focused on "worrying" about today's troubles and trusting God will give me new strength for tomorrow's. It seems like a simple, even silly, worry, but since my daughter had the stomach flu two weeks ago, and then my husband a week later, I have worried about when I will get it. Yesterday I had to book a dentist appointment for myself for early this morning, and I worried I'd have to cancel if I came down with the flu over-night. I can't put my life on hold because something "might" happen tomorrow.

Live each day for itself, using, relying, on the strength God has given me for that day! To do anything less wouldn't be trusting completely in my Father.

Lam. 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness."

Ps. 52:8-9 "But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have don; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints."

No comments: