November 4, 2006

How Do You Cope?

...the question “How do you cope?” could be directed at just about anyone in any situation someone else finds challenging. We women are living in diverse situations all over the place and coping underneath hardships and trials.
[...]The answer to all of these ‘tough’ how-do-you-cope situations is pretty obvious, isn’t it? It is one of those answers always easier said than done. The solution is right under your nose, or perhaps it’s becoming dusty on your bookshelf. Going to a therapy session will not change your situation, complaining to your girlfriends probably won’t either. Calling your mother and telling her your ‘troubles’ may feel good at first, but in the end there is only one answer to all of these hard situations. It is God’s Word and many moments spent in prayer. So, “since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful,” (Hebrews 10:21-23 NIV). As Christians, daughters of the high priest, Jesus Christ, He longs for us to draw near to Him. He has promised us that He will never leave or forsake us, and He has washed us with pure water to make us new creations in Him. “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests,” (Ephesians 6:18a NIV). I often ask myself, “Why did I forget to pray about that? again!” I can ask God to help me cope with this renovation that is happening around me. I can plead for patience and strength. I can praise Him when a project is completed!The answer to my problem is a lot easier than I tend to make it. If I will remember to wake up in the morning praising God and asking Him to give me wisdom and a thankful heart, my day should be a lot simpler to cope with. When I lose sight of God and how He continues to provide for, and protect me, I can too easily become a woman bound in bitterness and stress. So the next time we feel as though we need to escape life through the T.V. and our chocoholic tendencies, let’s turn our eyes to heaven and feast on His Word.

1 comment:

Ang said...

This was awesome. For me it was definitely God speaking to me through your blog. Thank you.

I love the last part about feasting on the Word of God because when I get overly stressed at work I tend to turn to junk food instead of the Lord and His Word. I'm trying to lose baby weight from my last child, so this is definitely not good for me physically, let alone spiritually.

Thank you for the wonderful words to remember in the future. . . "feast on the Word of the Lord". I think I'll post that on my monitor at work.