March 5, 2009

Snail Mail Is Fun

With the speed and convenience of internet and e-mail, snail mail becomes much more meaningful! Plus, you can't exactly send 'item's through the internet.

My friend at As a Bee has recently taken an interest in cheese making, and she mailed me my own little cheese making kit! I was thrilled to receive that in my mailbox on Tuesday. I have yet to make the cheese because I still need to buy milk and citric acid. But I am anxiously anticipating the day when my family has homemade mozzerella melting in their mouths. :)

If that wasn't exciting enough, yesterday I discovered a new cookbook in my mailbox! I wasn't expecting it to arrive until tomorrow.

This is a different kind of cookbook, in that it has 7 weeks worth of dinner plans. I have always planned our family's dinners week by week, so this concept of meal planning isn't exactly brand new. However, I was feeling in the mood for a change. New recipes and ideas are always nice to get my hands on, and grocery shopping can be downright dull when you're buying the same old same old week after week.




No comments: