September 6, 2008

Out of the Heart, the Mouth Speaks

“My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.” Ps 71:15

 

“Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation,” Phil 2:14-15a

 

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:6-7

 

“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” Ja 1:22

 

“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.” Lk 6:45

 

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” Ps 19:14

 

Whenever I meditate on God’s word in regard to my tongue, I am convicted in so many areas... I will say no more.

No comments: